Build Your Own Rola Bola
as described by Still Having a Ball
teachers of juggling, unicycling, stilt walking, and rola bola skills.
Rola Bola Construction/Needs
- 6" diameter roller, 11 to 12" in length
- minimum schedule 40 PVC (obtained from plumbing supply stores)
- over 200 pounds or doing 2 people tricks requires a stronger (schedule 80 or longer) tube
- The board needs to be 11 to 12" wide and 32" long
- 5/8" plywood or a Number 1 (no knots) 1x12x32"
- Once you get comfortable 24 to 28" is plenty long.
- 2 - 1x2x10" board stops screwed and glued 1" in from each end of the board
- Do not paint the bottom of the board - the bare wood gives a real nice grip on the roller - all you need if you use proper technique.
© Still Having a Ball 2006